Acts 1:8


“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you;
and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem,
in in all Judaea, and in Samaria,
and unto the uttermost part of the earth."
Acts 1:8

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Day 10...Our last day...

We will be heading for home tomorrow... I know we will leave a part of ourselves behind...a big part of our hearts.

The Ohio Team, Danny, Jennifer and Sarah left this morning for home. We all had breakfast together and then Joe drove them to the airport while Fedson drove us to The Lighthouse Orphanage in Nathenji to deliver blankets. I also had a bag of bead bracelets that could have been diamonds, the children were so thrilled, and thankful for them!

The women meet in the orphanage sanctuary on Thursday afternoon each week to praise and prepare to head out for evangelism. They invited me to dance along, and I didn't do too bad for an "ago go", which is Chichewan for Grandmother or Grandfather, an old person :-) I will be working on a video of our trip on the long plane ride home, so be looking for that!

Then we went to the school room where the children were performing some of their songs for us. We were invited to also participate and one of the songs was the Chichewan version of "A Tooty Ta". If you don't know what that is you will have to come with us to Children's Camp next year to find out. Or I can explain it to you sometime :-)

We stayed awhile longer with the children and then headed to Fedson's house for a short visit. Lisa had some gifts she brought to Fedson's girls Memory, Jean and Esther. She brought them school bags packed with supplies and a stuffed animal. Lisa has watched these girls grow up over the last five years and is always anxious to visit with them when she is here.

We went for our last dinner together to an Italian restaurant and had a fantastic dinner. We drove back to the Guest House, with God's help, without a clutch. I will have to write a separate post to tell you all the funny, and sometimes a little scary, things that have happened with these vehicles. It will read like a comedy adventure!! 

We came together for a time of debriefing, reflection, and devotion. We've had some of the most moving devotional times here at the Guest House and I doubt that I will ever forget the worship I've experienced in the living room of this apartment. 

Our clothes and carved treasures are packed, Lanny is writing in his journal and I am sitting here thinking about today, about the last 10 days, and knowing that I will never forget them.  I have dirt under my fingernails that just won't wash out...perhaps it never will. I know there are a lot of things, feelings and tears, joys and the sound of laughter and singing that will never fade in my memory. I sense that it might even grow clearer as time goes by. As Joe said tonight, it may be next week, next month or even next year that the memory of an event or a sight will come to mind and I will see exactly what God was trying to show me. I look forward to that because I know that God sent Lanny and me here for a purpose, and I know that He still has much to teach us about the reason we were here these last 12 days.


Lucy making nsime.  Lucy lives next to the orphanage and helps there.


Hauling blankets to the children in the orphanage.


There is not yet a road directly to the orphanage so we have to walk across the bare winter fields.


The money for the blankets was donated by a church in Ohio. Steve will send a photo back to show them the children they will be ministering to with this gift!




I gave the children the bracelets that the Ohio team brought over for them.



This little one stole my heart. God gave me such a heart gift in that short time I was able to love on this precious little child. 


I was given a chilundu (a wrap) by Abusa (Pastor) Chibwenji and his wife. The design is the country of Malawi and this will be a treasure to me. I was also given the necklace by the teacher. It is made of newspaper or magazine pages wrapped tightly and sealed. These people are so very talented artistically.


And for you Laura, here is a picture of Happy in the new dress you sent her. 
The name suits her perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment